Friday, June 25, 2010

From the Q-Snaps to the framer

I just put the last stitch in this morning! I had the most fun with this project. It started out as a freebie by Workbasket (the flower portion) from Stitchville USA's May 2010 newsletter.


Having a great fondness for samplers, I just had to incorporate it into a sampler design. Then it needed a border...and then the date seemed off, so a little pink stitch along the edge just seemed to tie it all together. I stitched it with Crescent Colors hand-dyed silk with the flower and Algerian Eye Stitch border 2 over 2 and the sampler and date portions 1 over 1. So elegant! The yellow threads are actually more golden in hue. I cannot wait to get this framed so that I can find the perfect spot for it!

4 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

A beauty:)

Karen said...

Great adaptation! Love the colors too.

edie said...

Just found your blog through a comment you left on the BBD blog. WOW! Love what you did with the tulip chart. Just had a moment to look through your previous entries, and be sure -- I'm coming back when I have time to read them all. FANTASTIC. I too live in Texas (way way south), lived in Dallas in the early 90s, and am owned by Nellie, a tri-color PWC with A T T I T U D E! Your work is lovely, and thanks for your blog.

Unknown said...

I to love samplers… love what you did!!! beautiful work….