Friday, June 25, 2010

Stitching away


I've come to a realization over the past few months: I love needlework! Not that I didn't really already know that, but almost every aspect of it makes me happy in my heart. And, lately, I've been cross stitching more and more. My heart is thrilled!

I am working on my tiny little stitching "room". Actually, it is a closet. It is a wonderful size and (once I'm finished) will hold all of my stitching supplies. I was able to pick up some DMC wooden retail display boxes. Now they are full of fibers, threads, buttons, beads, needles, scissors, etc. I've got about 20% of my leaflets in binders. I'm trying to sort through and keep only the ones I know I will stitch. I'll still need 4-5 lifetimes!

Now I'm trying to pick out the final design to enter in the State Fair later this year. The goal is to narrow it down this weekend and then select fibers and fabric on Tuesday. I have two entries already finished; cross stitch entries are limited to 3 per person and only one entry per category. I have to check measurements, stitch count, etc. to make sure I don't end up with 2 that fall into the same category!

No comments: