Sunday, September 27, 2009

State Fair of Texas




Well, the results are in! All three of my cross stitch entries won ribbons! I will be collecting a First, Second, and Fourth place ribbon when I pick these up in late October. Funny, but I didn't take any pics before submitting the entries. I'll have to post photos once I get them back.


I know some people might think it a little silly to enter. But, when you think back to the beginnings of county and state fairs, the ladies always showed off their canning, cooking, and crafting (albeit by necessity) skills. To know that my stitching is considered among the best is a wonderful feeling.


Thad and I have a trip planned to see them in all their glory! Last year, the Creative Arts Building was packed with fair goers. It was interesting to see the number of people who were actually interested in the entries and ribbons! I have a little healing to do before we can go; I'm hoping either late this week or early next week.


Who knows...maybe I can sneak a photo there!!

2 comments:

Mistylynn said...

I don't think it is silly at all. I am thinking of doing the same thing here at our exhibition next year.

Rachel S-H said...

I don't think it's silly either. I love entering the fair, it's a good connection to the past. Congratulations on your wins. Your work is so pretty!