Friday, September 11, 2009

Couldn't resist...

When we lived in Florida, our property backed up to a bay head. There were trees and foliage. When we moved in, there was even a wild pig that lived back there! We put out bird feeders for the birds. Every morning, they would be completely empty. One night, we were sitting on the lanai and saw the bird feeder on the far property line moving...a little more than it would move with birds on it. We tracked down a flashlight and there, feeding on the birdseed, was a Raccoon Mom and 2 babies.


Now, I know that raccoons are not our friends. I know they can destroy screens on your home and make their way into places you don't want them. I know they carry diseases. And I know they can do over $4,000 worth of damage to a car if they run out in front of it at 5:30 in the morning when it is dark (imagine how I know that!). Having said all of that, they were so darn cute!

So, this little Cedar Hill design was stitched in honor of the raccoons who lived behind us in Florida.

I miss them.

3 comments:

ImPam2 said...

Adorable - just adorable! And so unique.

Shari said...

found your blog on the 123 board. This guy is TOO adorable!!! Where might I find this pattern???? We had baby raccoons in our yard this summer & this is perfect!!!

Kim said...

Shari, It is a Cedar Hill design that is OOP. I believe it was called "Santa's Sack"...I know it had "Santa" in the title. Maybe you could e-mail Cedar Hill for info! Thanks!