Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I wish...

I never really thought my son (who turns 21 in a couple of weeks) paid a lot of attention to my stitching. About 9 years ago (when he was 12), I was working on a Bent Creek project called "Hope". My son had seen me working on it. One night, he said, "Mom, when you die, I want that one." I didn't have the heart to tell him, as an only child, he gets (eventually) everything when I die! LOL!

But, I finished the piece and decided to make sure it had a great frame job. I ordered purple Italian lacquer framing (had to be shipped in twice because the first piece had a flaw). That silly thing cost more to frame than most of my other pieces, but I had him in mind.

When he moved away to college several years ago, I tucked the piece in between his clothes. I'll never forget the call when he found it.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I loved reading this post! Beautiful :)

Raggedystitches,
Louise