Sunday, January 22, 2012

All Because...

Last year, my big project was a wedding sampler for my sister-in-law and her new husband. I wanted to find something symbolic for them, and this design by Imaginating was perfect.

I went about customizing the fabric and floss (hand-dyed sky blue linen with white mottling...the framed picture shows the linen color best...and Crescent Colors Belle Soie Silk rather than DMC) and reworking the area where the names and dates were supposed to go. I wanted their names to be larger and no date. It turned out to be an amazing sampler celebrating their marriage and love.

Picking out the frame and mats made the piece even better. I went with a brushed silver frame with some mauve streaks and added the matching fillet next to the sampler. The mat is black brushed suede. Perfect!

For me, nothing is better than completing a special project for someone you love...and finding out that they love it as much as you do! I have to admit I fell in love with this project while working on it. I almost hate to part with those special pieces. Seeing in on the wall as I walk into my sister-in-law's home and seeing her smile when she walks by it makes it all so worthwhile!

No comments: