Monday, July 20, 2009

My first projects

Did you know that years ago (okay...the early 1980s), stores like Belk Department stores in the malls carried (gasp) cross stitch supplies? It all started innocently enough. I was shopping for bed linens when I saw their stitching things out of the corner of my eye. I knew what it was...I had been a Girl Scout years earlier. As a Girl Scout, we did all sorts of projects. I seemed to remember some sort of embroidering we had done once. I also remembered that I didn't like it so very much because you had to do french knots. I hate french knots. In looking over the cross stitch "stuff", I realized...there were no french knots! Yeah! I could do this! And so I bought a book called "Crates and Sacks" and all the things I needed to stitch. I did three of the designs: Apples, Pears, and Plums. I never had them framed. Perhaps I should.




1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh Kim, how funny! These same 3 were among some of my first projects too! I have the books still and plan to do some of the other ones for my kitchen.