Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A first

I've been stitching for years. Mostly just for me, but I have begun to gift some items to family members. One of the most special gifts was a birth sampler for my niece's little girl, Bella. I just wish I had taken a photo of it. (I'll just have to remember to do that when I visit next!).

But I digress! Today, a first. I completed sending in my entry paperwork to the State Fair of Texas for 3 pieces. I've wanted to compete in a State Fair for years, so why not the largest one of them all! I didn't do any projects specifically for competition. Perhaps that is something I will do next year. For now, I just want to give the process a try and see how it goes. Last year, my husband and I were at the fair. I can remember thinking that I could stand a chance in garnering a ribbon. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: